Let's Talk Travel Part 2 (AKA in the Next 37 years)

I can live, eat, dream, breathe travel. Planning an upcoming trip brings me such joy that I honestly feel some sadness once all the planning is complete and the trip is nearing close. I grieve the end of a trip and all the happiness it brought, and often will begin planning the next one (or even the next few) while I am still mid-vacation. I am sure this drives Barrett nuts, but he is such a great sport. He understands that travel really is as important as breath to me, and he indulges me when he can. You can see amazing (Bucket List Book worthy things we have accomplished here in Part 1-Part 1: In the Next 37 Years.

Recently he indulged me with a great book The Bucket List: 1000 Adventures Big & Small that I just finished by first skim through with a notepad and pen in hand making my LIFETIME LIST. Oh yes, this is serious business, and I have narrowed (expanded?) my travel goals to include 35+ places to travel in the next 37 or so years. 

We have promised Matthew and Isaiah that when each graduates they can pick anywhere in the world (as long as we feel it is safe enough), and we will go on a family trip there as their graduation present. The boys already spend time thinking of this. Right now Matthew wants to go to Greece and Isaiah to Thailand. :) 

In alphabetical order: 

  • Antarctic cruise: the glaciers, the sparkling ice blue and every shade of majestic white! A polar plunge with full body wet-suit on!
  • Arizona (we have actually been, but not to Sedona, which is on my list). We only toured just the western rim of the Grand Canyon, and we (both) dream of visiting Flagstaff and Sedona.
  • Australia (Great Barrier Reef, Uluru, & Kangaroo Island)
Image result for uluru
Uluru, Kata Tjuta National Park, Australia
  • Belize-snorkel the Great Blue Hole. I mean, bucket list of all snorkel bucket lists!
  • Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Hut over the water? Need I say more?
  • Botswana: Okovango Delta. Safari? Yes, please.
  • Chile-Atacama Desert in the fall actually blooms with flowers, and there are great star-gazing outposts there, Torres del Paine National Park
Image result for torres del paine national park
Torres del Paine, Chile
  • China-to see the Great Wall and the Terracotta Warriors-truly once in a lifetime material.
  • Croatia: Zadar where the steps go right into the sea, Plitvice Lakes National Park, & Dubrovnik are all on my list.
  • Czech Republic-Prague-it looks like a fairy-tale. I think a winter visit would be amazing. 
  • England-London, Cornwall, Stonehenge, a cottage at Christmas time..., a high tea. I will probably need to see England more than once (just like Ireland!).
Image result for cornwall
Cornwall
  • Egypt-pyramids, Alexandria, snorkel the Red Sea (which is actually MORE important to me than the pyramids, have you seen the sea life??)
  • Finland to see the Northern Lights
  • Florida: crocodiles, everglades, swim with manatees at Crystal River. We planned this out a few years ago but it was very spendy!
  • France: Paris, Normandy, Provence, Versailles-eat bread and cheese, visit the Louvre, just wander France...
Image result for provence
Provence, France
  • Georgia (the state)-Savannah. The weeping, tree lined streets...
  • Germany: Romantic Road, Black Forest, Christmas Market. THIS. This is in the next few years kind of a thing.
  • Greece: Athens, Meteora, Santorini
Image result for meteora
Meteora, Greece

Have you been to any of these places?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sarah Who Wanders -Travel Series Part 1: Introduction

Travel Bucket List Accomplished

The Career Happiness Scale....Where do you Rate?