Let's Talk Travel-Part 1 (AKA in the next 37 years...)

About a month ago I was seriously wanting this book we saw for sale at the Oregon Zoo. It was (of course) very marked up, and I could not bring myself to spend $35 on it. On the way home, Barrett told me he found it for over $10 less on Amazon and it would be coming soon. 

(The Bucket List: 1000 Adventures Big & Small; Hardcover; Editor - Kath Stathers). Image result for 1000 bucket list book

I just completed this amazing book, well the first go round that is, and was excited to share how many bucket list travel items I have actually already completed in my 37 years. I also made a detailed list of no less than 35 countries or islands and a handful of states that are on my new and improved travel bucket list. I smiled at Barrett and told him, "I think we can accomplish this in the next 35 or so years..." Ah, what a patient man. Here are some items I have done that made the list of 1,000 bucket list items all over the world. This made me soooo grateful for what I have already experienced, and I highly recommend these activities (and this fun book).  I also included a few recommendations that did not make the list of 1,000, but were awe-inspiring to me at the end. Thanks for reading!

These bucket list places or experiences made the book, and they are ALL amazing, I agree. 

  • Experienced a solar eclipse
  • Visited Denali National Park, Alaska
    • rode in a float plane while in Alaska
  • Dublin, Ireland
  • Giant's Causeway, Northern Ireland
  • Alberta's Icefields Parkway, Lake Louise, Morraine Lake, and Banff National Park, Vancouver, Capilano Suspension Bridge
    • All in Canada
  • Anne Frank House, The Netherlands
  • Trevi Fountain, Rome, Italy
  • Park Guell, Barcelona, & La Sagrada Familia
    • all in Spain
  • Vatican City
  • Las Vegas, Nevada
  • Great Salt Lake, Arches National Park, Monument Valley
    •  Utah
  • California Redwoods, Alcatraz Prison, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Yosemite
    • California
  • Road to Hana, Maui
  • The North Shore, Oahu

What I think SHOULD make the book (in my personal top travel bucket list items-in no particular order)
Image result for assisi italy
Assisi, Italy

  • Assisi, eating dinner next to the River Tiber, gelato on the Spanish Steps- in Italy
  • Image result for la alhambra granada
    Inside La Alhambra
  • La Alhambra in Granada, Spain 
  • Eating poffertjes in Aruba as well as Eagle Beach swimming
  • Sunset sailing and bioluminescent worms in Turks and Caicos
  • Magical snowfall in Salt Lake City, UT and Bryce Canyon National Park
  • Image result for inch abbey northern ireland
    Inch Abbey
  • Inch Abbey, Guinness pie, and the Wild Atlantic Way in Northern, Ireland 
  • Chichen Itza, Yucatan, Mexico
According to Barrett-his top 5 travel bucket list accomplished items are here:
    Image result for eagle beach aruba
    Eagle Beach, Aruba
  1. Inch Abbey in Northern Ireland
  2. Aruba (I think we ALL loved Aruba)
  3. Montserrat & La Alhambra in Spain
  4. The Canadian Rockies
  5. Snorkeling at Black Rock, Maui

    Image result for montserrat spain
    Montserrat, Spain

    Our boys? Swimming with sea turtles in Maui, "everything" about Aruba, the Canadian Rockies, and petting sled-dogs, as well as float plane grizzly bear and moose sightings in Alaska. 

    In my next few posts, I will detail the 35+ places I still want to go. 

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    Sarah Who Wanders -Travel Series Part 1: Introduction

    The Career Happiness Scale....Where do you Rate?

    Travel Bucket List Accomplished